Regular Nail Polish v Gel Nail Polish
The desire for beautiful nails has fueled an entire industry of nail salons and inspired new trends in nail care. Throughout the years nail polish colours have evolved to include all shades. We can’t exactly determine when the manicure madness really began but it shows no sign of slowing down! One great example are gel polishes. The gel manicure is very popular with its increased durability that keeps the polish intact for two to three weeks. And while traditional nail polish will probably never go out of fashion, gel manicures are undeniably the new must-have services in any salon.
Before deciding the best option to choose, you need to know the facts. What is the difference between Regular Nail Polish v Gel Nail Polish? What exactly is gel nail polish? We answer all your questions and more in our useful guide.
Regular nail polish v Gel nail polish
Regular Nail Polish
Nail Polish is a lacquer that can be applied to fingernails or toenails. It is also known as nail varnish and you can decorate and protect the nail plates. Regular nail polish is quite traditional and a little bit old fashioned in some ways.
You can start by applying a clear base coat, let it dry, then apply two to three coats of polish. Once the color dries, a clear top coat is applied. Then you place your nails under a hand dryer for approximately 15 minutes or let it dry on its own for up to 30 minutes.
Gel Nail Polish
What is gel nail polish? Gel polish is a long-lasting variety of nail polish made up of a type of methacrylate polymer. Similar to the traditional nail polish, it is applied directly to the nails but does not dry. Instead it is cured under an ultraviolet lamp or ultraviolet LED. You might be wondering which lasts longer regular polish or gel polish? The answer is gel polish hands down! Because of its formula, gel nail polish could last twice as long as regular nail polish.
Regular nail polish v Gel nail polish- the pro’s and con’s?
REGULAR NAIL POLISH
- Perfect for ladies who want to change nail colour frequently.
- Can be removed using a cotton ball and nail polish remover.
- Application process is simple and not complex as it requires no other equipment.
- Can be applied to natural nails.
- Comes in a variety of colors.
- Allows nails to grow.
- High chance of chipping.
- Does not last long.
- Requires more time for nail arts and other nail styles as it requires time to dry.
GEL NAIL POLISH
- Long wearing. Could last for two to three weeks.
- Chip and Fade resistant w/ Great coverage
- Perfect for nail arts as it offers longevity & comes in variety of colours
- High gloss with salon quality finish
- Require no additional drying. Curing time can be between 5 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Can be applied to natural nails and allows nails to grow
- Larger upfront costs (But due to long wearing, more efficient that nail polish alone)
- Chipping can occur if gel polish is not applied properly
- Removal can cause damage to nails if you file down to the natural nail.
Now that you know the difference of Regular Nail Polish v Gel Nail Polish, which one’s for you? Regular nail polish can be removed as easy as a cotton ball and an acetone and Gel nail polish requires longer process to remove it, certain new trends in nail technology offers new ways to remove gel polishes such as the Nail Steamer Gel Removal System . It works by steaming-off gel nail polishes- making it slide off easily without the hassle and DAMAGE.